Saturday, April 4, 2009

4/4 Expressions

The best way to save money is to not spend it. But anyway, since Steinmart sent me coupons in my e-mail box - I just went. The additional 50% off on Household items worked out great for me. Our last trip to spruce up the beach condo, I ended up spending close to $100 for new coverlet for the bed. I got a nice one, with shams, skirt, etc. for $34 - a business expense. I also got some nice embellished towels $3 - $5 each. Also this weekend, I started sewing a dress for my daughter - now I need to so some "hand work" - so, I am taking it to work to do during my lunch break. I also planted some more seeds. I made up my own method - the lazy method, I sprinkled seeds and covered them with potting soil. I am going to let the seeds grow with the weeds. I asked my husband not to mow in the area. I am not a fan of carpeting - so, my husband is slowly ripping it out and replacing it. But, we still have plenty left. So, today we rented a carpet cleaning machine from Publix. It is much cheaper to do it yourself than to hire it out.

No comments: