Wednesday, February 11, 2009

2/11 Expressions

Frugal Valentine's gifts? I printed off a form for a $5 rebate when you buy Russel Stover Chocolates in excess of $5 and Kahlua (except I live in one of the states listed in which no alcohol purchase is required). Last weekend, I used my $25 giftcard received for transferring a prescription to buy among other things, a $5.99 box of chocolates with a stuffed bear attached - both small. The rebate when in the mail the same day - of course I gave the box to my two favorite Valentines already and there were no fights on how to split the gift. Just enough chocolates and my daughter got to keep the bear. Not a bad gift for .99 and a stamp (except I get my stamps for "free" since I am a "mail decoy"). I took the next two days off and of course Monday is a holiday for me. My husband and I will celebrate our 20th anniverary next week - and we have decided not to spend much since we have planned a two week vacation to Hawaii this summer. I am contemplating making a run to Aldi to buy a half dozen roses - the last time I was there - they were $3.99. But, we have decided to use a gift certificate we purchased at 25% ($50 GC for $12.50) of the face value for nice lunch on Saturday and also take my father. I am not sure anyone would appreciate the flower - but me :) I am thinking of defrosting a few of the cookies I froze and icing hearts on them for treats this weekend.

No comments: