Saturday, February 27, 2010

2/27 Expressions

Frugal Deeds for the day: My husband and I went out on a "cheap" date. We used a 1/2 priced $25 GC to a new chic restaurant for lunch and the food/atmosphere were great. Then to the $1 movie theater to watch, "It's Complicated" - and we enjoyed it. My husband also sprang for the $1 popcorn - about the size of those individual servings - I am not complaining - it was enough. Then we stopped at Walgreens with the intention of renting a free DVD - but we didn't see anything we wanted. So, I went inside and used my free Excedrin coupon (from becoming their fan on Facebook) and paid tax and got $2 back in register receipts. I turned around and used that for a bag of shreaded Italian cheese and paid under $1 for tax and what wasn't covered by the receipt. Then we stopped at Kroger - the lady standing in line behind us said she was impressed with our "haul". We were in the under 15 items express line - so - it wasn't much of a haul. But, I got a free 1/2 gallon of Silk Soy (catalina coupon), yogurt, manager special items and paid just over $12 after coupons and shortcut virtual coupons. When we got home, I started a crockpot of soup with stuff from the fridge/freezer/pantry - I had the beans soaking since early this a.m. I also found a never used soup thermos in the cabinet and next week, I plan to take soup and a corn muffin (I froze some last month) for lunch. I also made a dessert to use up the cream cheese I got on sale a couple of weeks ago and the Pillsbury croisant dough. I came out like a bar recipe - used the dough on the bottom and top with a cream cheese filling. And although not really frugal, my daughter placed fourth in the individual competition at the math tournament today :) Oh, and we dug up a bunch of English Ivy and they are planted - I even planted one rooted vine inside. We deposited several "checks" - rebate/mystery shopping, etc. and paid off a nice chunk of the HELOC.

No comments: