Thursday, October 8, 2009

10/8 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week: I took a few days off for "fall break". Yesterday, my daughter and I headed to a fabric store. There is a small tear in fabric of the sofa/sleeper in the rental condo. I purchased a yard of coordinating fabric at $5.99/yd. I also purchased fabric repair glue . . . so I will try that method first. If that doesn't work, I plan to take a staple gun, glue gun, and the sewing machine to cover the small bottom section of the sleeper. As for the counter top replacement, we found someone on craigslist that works for $20 an hour. He is estimating he can do everything in a day. We will pay for the supplies ourselves - a very good looking laminate granite from Lowes. Today is my last day off - until the weekend of course - and I plan to get some cleaning in. My daughter will be helping too. Also, while we are cleaning, we will gather stuff for our community yardsale this Saturday. I was able to paint the small guest bathroom last weekend with the paint I got for free from Sherwin Williams - it turned out beautifully. I have a small amount left - but I am very pleased with the results and have no idea why I didn't do it sooner.

No comments: