Tuesday, October 27, 2009

11/27 Expressions

Frugal deeds and thoughts for the week: Tomorrow, our office is having a "function". I signed up to bring in fruit. I signed up for the "Edible Arrangement" freebie coupon on Facebook. A free box of 6 pieces of fruit dipped in chocolate valued at $15. I picked the box up today - very nice. I will have those at the center of the serving plate, and will add apples (from Angel food), bananas, and oranges. Very nice looking arrangement for very little out of pocket. Yesterday, my husband and I met at KFC and got our free piece of chicken - and bought a bit extra too - but it was cheap "date" - just over $5 for the two of us and we left full. It must not have been well advertised as very few people asked for their piece of chicken. We also listed three items on ebay - although we have listed books on half.com - it has been over a year since we listed anything on ebay. So, hopefully, we will be less three items this time next week - and will have added a few $ to the household. My other thought for the day - if you have a place to live, go to work, etc., can you truly ever have a "no spend" day? I am thinking perhaps we can lower our "variable" expenses - but those fixed expenses seem to apply daily. Am I thinking about it too deeply? I guess not letting extra cash out of your wallet that day is better than nothing - but to have a true "no spend" day - I am thinking I would have to cut my circuit breaker off, cut my water off, etc. Just my random thought for the day.

No comments: