Friday, April 9, 2010

4/9 Expressions

It pays to ask questions. I have not paid much attention to our stock statements. Well, I got a quarterly statement of the stocks we have at one of the trading companies. I purchased a handful of stocks a few years ago when they were giving bonuses, free trades, etc. Well, I noticed my sweep account was building up with dividends - and of course earning a paltry interest rate. In the meantime, "my" brokerage firm had merged with another one. I called about signing up for dividend reinvestment plans for the stock that we held - yup, they are all eligible - and no fees associated. Then the customer service rep stated that if I discontinue receiving the paper statements - I could save $2 per quarter - paper statements are now gone. Then I asked about my sweep account - can I just withdraw the funds - yup, can I use them to trade, yup. Okay, I forgot my log-in and password. Turns out I never had one since the companies merged. So, I set-up and the rep. gave me free trade credits too. That was one nice customer service dealing - I guess since it was so nice and easy - I will reveal the name: TD - Ameritrade. Yippe, no "customer service" headache today :) I will be mailing out the taxes tomorrow - another yippee! One rent check early - triple yippee! My bonus actually paid out yesterday. So money-wise, this has been another nice week. And the weather was fabulous! Very tempted to pull weeds and plant something tomorrow too - doing my own yard-work and planting edibles - that's frugal :) Oh, and Purple Heart picked-up 2 boxes yesterday - more clutter gone! I have a box ready to go to the consignment store too - but they were not accepting consignments this week - so, I am ready for next week.

No comments: