Friday, June 18, 2010

6/18 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week: We gave up optical insurance this year since we didn't see a difference in the bottom line cost of out of pocket expenses - taken against the Health Saver's Account. So today, my husband and daughter went to one of those get your eyes examined and 2 pairs of glasses for $79 - or something around there. They plan to get an rx for contacts too and then order them on line. Tomorrow, we are taking my dad and husband out to lunch with gift certificates. Next weekend, we are taking my husband our to lunch with a gift certificate for his birthday. Will also be giving him a Barnes and Noble gift card earned from mypoints. Although my daughter's birthday is in early August - I have given her - her some of her birthday gift - $85 in Amazon gift certificates earned from mypoints, swagbucks, and other places. Also earned almost 900 credits on listia.com getting rid of some unwanted stuff. She has already "purchased" 1 item with the credits and has about 1/2 left to "spend". I have a few small tomatoes and banana peppers in my "garden". My daughter has a pet sitting gig next week. It is H.O.T. outside!

No comments: