Saturday, April 6, 2013

4/6 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  In between watching my daughter's team compete - and waiting for my volunteering time - I painted a couple of cabinet doors and worked on the quilt for my Dad (birthday present).  In the mail today - I got cash for doing a product testing and a $10 TJMaxx gift certificate - I paid the deductible for my daughter's wisdom teeth surgery with this card (have already been reimbursed thru the HSA).  I have also cooked "ahead" - pot of brown rice, a large spinach/salmon salad, and chopped/prepped veggies for tempura.  Also ordered a Lowes gift card discounted 7 percent - and will get 1 percent rebated back on the credit card - and signed up for a 10% off coupon.  We've arranged for a painter to give us a quote - and also the tenant that is currently unemployed - we want to be fair about the price paid - but will buy the paint ourselves at a discount from Lowes.

No comments: