Saturday, March 21, 2009

3/21 Expressions

Today for lunch, we used my birthday freebie at Red Robins - a Gourmet Burger and of course they also provided a nice sundae too. I switched my burger with my husband's salad and soup and he ate most of the sundae with a few bites going to my daughter. Though not free for the three of us to eat, the food was delicious and we enjoyed ourselves. Then over to Maggie Moo's. My daughter and I split a free regular milk shake - yum. Then we browsed the bookstore. Then to Wal-mart with my $20 prepaid VISA card (it expires in a couple of months and I sure don't want to not spend it) and my $10 Wal-mart giftcard from Mypoints. My daughter needed a few school supplies, so we got what she needed, seeds for a veggie garden, 6 6-packs of annuals, some groceries, and I splurged and got myself the "ALL YOU" magazine. I like the coupons in it (and the articles too :) - but my daughter loved the coupon for a free mascara. I ended up spending .54 out of my wallet for the entire shop. I have to say, since I am watching our grocery budget closer, I think we are eating better, and I can say I have lost a bit of weight. Watching the grocery shopping means I am buying less snacks, more fruits and veggies. Also, I have made some creative soups. I let very little go to waste. Those bits and pieces and stored in the freezer. Then, I made soups or add those bits to stir fried brown rice or noodles. Tomorrow is our "free" lunch out - courtesy of a relative in honor of my birthday.

No comments: