Tuesday, May 26, 2009

5/26 Expressions

My husband found a used car he wanted yesterday. But he made a "final offer" - and the saleman/manager countered by telephone and asked my husband to call him back. Needless to say, my husband did not call the salesman back. Guess who called this morning to "follow-up"? I played it cool - although the saleman dropped hints, I told him I would pass the message on to my husband. I did, and my husband said he'd return the call late this afternoon. So, we shall see. Also, I found a bargain on Overstock yesterday (extra 10% off sale) on a luxury King sized mattress/box spring set. Of course delivery was free too. So, on our management inspection report for this year for our beach condo, they suggested we consider upgrading the mattress (business deduction). We did it - and will be donating the replaced set - fine - but not "luxury". But my excitement was, I have always had to ask mypoints to research my purchases and credit the points - they were already credited (pending) this a.m. So, about this time next month, I will be ordering more giftcards to use or give as gifts. Also, we earned hotel points on the credit card. It looks like my husband may be offered an early retirement toward the end of the this year. Doesn't look like it will be happening for me - so, I am updating my resume today to either find a position that pays more or one that pays the same, but is less stressful, or one that has a better chance for me to be offered an early retirement.

No comments: