Thursday, November 19, 2009

11/19 Expressions

Frugal Deeds for the Week: It has been a while, but I got a product to test. Yesterday, I purchased two turkeys from Wal-mart - the limit for the .40/lb turkey. I also transferred an rx with 1 re-fill left to Kroger for a $20 giftcard, the rx was .83. So, I will round out our thanksgiving meal with that giftcard. Our "slide-in" range/oven went haywire and the oven quit. I am sure it is as old as the house - 20 years or so. So, I went on-line, through mypoints, used a code found on the internet to get an additional $10 off, used my rewards credit card, free delivery and take-away is currently being offered, so, my new one will be delivered tomorrow. I picked up a check from the consignment store. Today is payday and I received a bonus, all of it, plus some will go toward the HELOC. Normally, I do not shop on Black Friday (except on the internet), but this year, I plan to take the day off from my "day job" and hit the stores with my daughter. She needs a few more winter clothing items to round out her wardrobe, and that is when we plan to buy her items and probably a few gifts. I had a few items to take to the consignment store - but their "system" went haywire and I will have to them back another day. I hope to list a few more items on ebay too. Slowly but surely, the clutter is coming under control and the extra padding to the savings account doesn't hurt either. Also, ebates paid my bonus to a paypal account I no longer wanted - it was a small amount - but I ended up donating it to a local free clinic. Seems everyone is strapped these days. People at work are in an uproar because the janitorial service looked over their contract and realized they didn't have to provide paper products for the breakroom. This may be "penny smart, pound foolish" on their part because I am sure the breakroom will be even messier with spills, etc. with nothing handy to wipe them. They've also put "greener" towel papers in the restrooms. And finally, this Saturday, there is a "Family Volunteering" event going on. So, I will be taking my daughter and I hope she enjoys her public service experience. We have a choice of making cards, walking animals, or "yard-work" for organizations/agencies with a need.

No comments: