Thursday, November 5, 2009

11/5 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week: After a hiatus from ebay - we sold 3 items this week for more than we expected. Since we spent almost 2 weeks in Hawaii last summer, we have decided to keep things to a minimum this holiday season. The money earned from the ebay sale - items we no longer wanted - thus helping in the decluttering effort, will go toward a family gift. My husband got a nice pay-out of some vacation time. I also found out I will be getting a bonus in my next paycheck. In December, we have property taxes to pay, so these increases reduce the burden of the taxes a bit. I need to get in gear and take another load of items to the consignment shop and pick-up a check. We will be donating items to the Purple Heart next week. I had a bit of extra time today and baked two dozen banana muffins - freeing up some space in the freezer and things up - like the Bear Naked Banana Chip granola that went into the mix in place of "optional nuts". Over the next two weeks, I need to figure out what we should with our health insurance next year - was the vision plan worth it - no, dental plan - yes, how much to have deducted for HSA, etc.

No comments: