Thursday, November 26, 2009

11/26 Expressions

Happy Thanksgiving! We are still without an oven, but, we will be taking the turkey over to my dad's for baking. Right now, I have a cornbread casserole cooking the crockpot and will make a sweet potato casserole. I do plan to hit a few Black Friday sales tomorrow. Hopefully, no 4 a.m. deals - and nothing worth fighting over. Thankfully, we are not looking for any of the hot ticket items. But, my daughter would like a few winter clothing items to round out her wardrobe. That should be it. And as for frugal, we have purchased home hair highlighting kits, and will be helping each other do our own. I felt shielded from "knowing" a person hit by unemployment. But I got a call last week from a friend - both she and her husband were laid-off. She asked for any job leads - and I gave her what I could and promised to keep my eyes and ears open. Sometimes it is easy to take things for granted. I guess this is a great day to help gather our thoughts and give thanks for what we do have.

No comments: