Saturday, November 7, 2009

11/7 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week: In a few hours, I am headed to a freecycler's home to dig up some English Ivy. I am hoping to turn a formerly landscaped part of the yard back into something beautiful without burning up too much cash. Then, I plan to do some cooking and baking to freeze food. I have found myself more and more tempted to stop for fast food or eating out for dinner - mainly because I am tired. I just earned another $5 Amazon Gift Card on Swagbucks and am waiting for a few more points to clear through Mypoints to redeem for a $10 gift card. This year, I'd like to give meaningful and useful gifts. I have been gathering fabrics that never made it to their intended purpose. I am thinking of turning some of it into pillow cases and perhaps placemats/napkins. I have also been looking in the gift closet and am thinking of making small baskets. You know, like adding coffee and perhaps homemade biscotti to a nice pair of stainless steel coffee mugs for the neighbor. The nice cut glass candle holders with the Yankee Candle votives with something from the dollar store - like bath beads for something,

No comments: