Friday, May 7, 2010

5/7 Expressions

Wow - didn't realize I hadn't posted in such a while. Anyway, my longevity increase kicked in, about $34 extra a week - not too shabby. These past couple of weeks, my daughter and I were able to get a few clothing items relatively inexpensively. Cheap jeans for her - under $9 with $10 off coupons and sales. Me, under garments at JC Penneys w/ the $25 gift card I won and coupons. Today, I did my weekly shop at Kroger and saved 40% - but I got a lot of food marked down on the "manager's special". I also took an additional 11 items to the consignment store last week. Tomorrow, my dad is taking us out to lunch at a nearby Chinese Buffet for mother's day. My husband cleaned the house - which I appreciate more than any purchase. He also took my ring in to be repaired. My daughter will do a bit of cleaning too. We will probably eat out Sunday w/a 1/2 priced gift certificate. I was so starting to feel like I could gloat about the stock market for about a minute - now I am back to almost wanting to cry. I am going to spend $175 for my daughter to take a 2 week summer school course - an elective to keep her mind active and to get the elective out of the way. We will probably plan a trip for her father and her to take a trip to Orlando. I have been enough times - and since I don't get any enjoyment out of riding scary rides, I will be happy to skip that trip. As for now, the beautiful beach with our condo has not been touched by the oil spill. My garden plants are doing well - I may ask for some tomato cages for the rest of my "mother's day" gift. My husband will take the Brueggar (sp) free bagel and cream cheese coupon and the Staples $15 rewards check (plus any empty cartridge we have for recycling) to "buy" some coffee (I am thinking they sell Starbucks) tomorrow morning and I plan to attend a "kick boxing" exercise class before lunch.

No comments: