Tuesday, July 28, 2009

7/28 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day: I packed "leakable" toiletries in my soft sided lunch bag (freebie for donating blood). Now it goes with us on road trips to carry cooled water and drinks. The other frugal thing we did today was talk to a very interesting lady at the botanical gardens. She gave us the "scoop" on "must see" places. She also clued us in to the nearby nut factory. Although we did buy some "gifts" - they had lots of samples of different flavored macadamia nuts, mixes, and Kona coffee. Also, reading the paper (delivered free Mon-Fri), it seems all of the grocery stores offer "freebies" for bringing in receipts totaling "X" amount. Good thing I kept my receipts. One close store had a small ad in the store. The "local" grocery store had nothing in the store - but there was an ad in the paper. Also, I printed out a coupon from the "Coach" store - for a free pack of pencils in the new "Poppy" design. It was a "while supplies last" deal - I wss surprised to be able to get in on it - and it is a nice freebie - much cheaper than the bags :)

No comments: