Thursday, August 27, 2009

8/27 Expressions

Frugal deeds from this week: I didn't mention that I went to Stein Mart this past Sunday evening. For those looking for frugal career wear, I would have to say it is my favorite. I was able to hit the 50% extra off "red dot" clearance items and use a $5/$45 coupon. I got 2 jackets, Stein Mart's original price of $95 and ended up paying $11 each. Not much more than thrift store prices. I have been using my daughter's expensive hair straightener. Time to get one of my own - but I am too cheap to get the expensive kind. I did a google search and decided upon the Remington Wet to Straight and found it at Amazon for just under $25 - wouldn't you know - I wanted free shipping too. So, I added a cute Van Gogh notebook for $1.50 - purse sized I believe - but I love irises - so, just looking at the cover is enough for me (I already have a large framed print, light switch cover of the same print :). And I used my $15 in Amazon GC's I earned from Swagbucks. This is an early holiday present for my daughter - now we don't have to squabble over the flat iron when getting ready for school/work. So, hopefully this iron will be great as I just spent just over $10 on my rewards credit card (so another small rebate back).

No comments: