Saturday, August 29, 2009

8/29 Expressions

Frugal Deeds for the day: For lunch, I made some brown rice and a "curry" dish. I didn't have any curry, but had tumeric. I searched for a recipe to use leftovers - and found one. I substituted just about every ingredient with what I had on hand, or just omitted the ingredient. I am happy to report, lunch was delicous. I was able to use the last of the peppers and tomatoes given to me and a few other veggies I had in the crisper. I plan to give myself a manicure today. And for exercise, I plan to walk around the neighborhood while the weather is fairly decent. This weekend, I plan to get minimal amounts of groceries. Why? I have a dental appointment again and will be able to stop by Aldi. While searching for recipes, I saw an interesting one for making your cheese. Last time I was at Aldi, they had a gallon of milk for $1.4X. If they have it on sale this time, I may try my hand at cheese making.

No comments: