Tuesday, January 19, 2010

1/19 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week: I am home recuperating - so, I have lots of time to think and relax. Okay, it gets boring. So, here are some things I have accomplished. I called the dentist's office - paid $50 to have a crown re-cemented - but my insurance reimbursed them. The billing person said I have $60.XX coming - strange math, but I will take it. I ordered contacts for my daughter from 1-800-contacts through mypoints - before her rx expires in 2 weeks. Filed the expense with the HSA account - so, hopefully, I will get reimbursed before the CC bill hits. I am hoping to hit the $200 Chase Freedom rebate so I can submit for the $250 cash/check this month too. Have started doing some searches for Spring Break vacation and hope to save a few $ there and have a great time :) Sold 2 books on half.com and my wonderful husband has already packed them up and will mail them out shortly. Now I am hoping he will list 5 things on ebay to help in the de-clutter effort and put some cash back into the household. He is home helping me during part of my recuperation - especially since I can't drive for a week. Since I am not a demanding patient, he is going to paint my daughter's bathroom and remove the last bit of carpet on the first floor and replace it with wood flooring he purchased a couple of days ago from lumber liquidators. I have also had lots of time to enjoy all of those free magazines I have signed up for.

No comments: