Saturday, January 23, 2010

1/23 Expressions

Frugal deeds: It was nice to get out yesterday and enjoy a meal paid for by a mystery shop. We brought home a doggie bag to enjoy the wonderful food later. Today, my husband and daughter are at a math tournament. I am slowly trying to get "active". I will not be going back to my day job for another week or so. So, while my husband and daughter have been pretty good at keeping the home fire burning, I thought I'd slowly tackle a few things for them before they get home. In addition to a bit of cleaning, I baked a batch of peanut butter cookies and chocolate chip cookies. That will keep the crew from continually looking for "sweet" snacks - and, I am enjoying the heat from the oven. It is just a bit chilly today. While the cookies were baking, I also baked some marinated salmon fillets and turned the sweet potatoes I boiled yesterday into a casserole. So, the crew will have dinner when they get home too. And like a lot of people, I am going to make time to get a bit healthier. So, I've looked up calorie counter/burning sites, etc. Although I try to keep healthy food in the house, I don't alway make a food plan - or always reach for a piece of fruit instead of a cookie. I won't be banishing cookies from the house as they seem to be enjoyed, and we do get some exercise in. I plan to ration the cookies though. I will leave some out, but will freeze most of them to reduce the temptation to over indulge :).

No comments: