Friday, January 22, 2010

1/22 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week: I checked to see what kind of extra $ I will get in each pay check. Health insurance went up and I increased withholding for our health savers account because I discontinued the vision insurance (not worth it) and knew we would have some extra health care bills this year. So, much to my surprise, I will be getting $6.XX extra a pay check - I'll take it :) I also signed up for a credit card in which I will get enough points to cash in for $100 after 1 use. I plan to use it for a "training card" - to let my daughter use it judiciously and learn the good with the bad before heading out into the real world on her own. That spate of cold weather sure cost us in utilities - but I guess we should be grateful that we were able to turn up the heat a bit. Was it worth it . . . hmmm. I cooked a couple of "side dishes" to keep my family from being tempted to eat out/get take-out today. Used the cooled water from boiled sweet potatoes/eggs to water indoor plants - I am sure they will enjoy that infusion of nutrients. Sold two more items on half.com. Got a survey check in the mail yesterday. Also got a Stacy's Pita coupon for a free bag.