Tuesday, January 26, 2010

1/26 expressions

Frugal deeds for the day: Today, I finally got around to sewing. I did some mending, 2 items of clothing for my daughter - one was to replace a zipper and the other was to creatively "hide" 2 small holes. We are experiencing an unseasaonably cold winter. So, I made the dog a "coat". I have had the pattern for years, paid $1 for it and used fabric from my "stash". The only item I did purchase was the velco - a couple of days ago from Wal-mart. I also just did an on-line survey for CVS and printed out a $5 ecb. My daughter told me she needs graph paper - so, I am hoping to find some tomorrow at CVS with my ecbs. Kroger is next door and I am hoping to do get a few deals there. I also finally called a beauty school closer to "home". This one has been in the area for a year or so, but I have been hesitant in calling since it is associated with a "brand name". My daughter and I will be getting a hair cut/style, facial, and a manicure for the price of a cut/style at our regular salon and the price is in-line with the "non-brand name" beauty school. Another plus, they give scalp massages, no additional charge with the haircut to reduce stress.

No comments: