Monday, January 25, 2010

1/25 Expressions

Frugal Deeds: I sure could get used to not having a "day job" :) Anyway, the new phone (land line)/internet installer has come and gone. Now we will be getting both for about 1/2 of what we were paying. I also sliced the 2 packages of mushrooms I got from Aldi and sauteed for use this evening and froze some for later use. Aldi sure has some great prices on produce. Last week I got the mushrooms .69/container and also grape tomatoes for the same price. In the mail, I got a check for doing a survey and free copy of Family Circle. Since I haven't driven in a while, I was bit anxious - but I ran errands today - including picking up a pattern, inexpensive fabric and several freebie items from Wal-mart. I plan to use the same pattern, fabric from around the house and the fabric I purchased to make my daughter 3 new shirts. She won an award for her art work and the school is having an awards ceremony this week - so, I hope to have 1 shirt made by then. And in financial news, our property manager (we do not manage our own real estate) called and said she finally got a hold of the tenants (husband and wife) in one of our properties in which the rent is delinquent. The wife had a medical scare, and they are a bit fincially strapped and asked if the property manager would let them catch up this month's and next month's rent over the next three weeks. I did give the okay - but really, this is a wake-up call for lots of people. Both the husband and wife have good jobs - but apparently, no emergency fund. Putting a bit of money aside during the good times is important!

No comments: