Friday, May 10, 2013

5/10 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I got my hair cut/styled, eye brows waxed and a French manicure at the beauty school.  Then to Aldi - I picked up several things - but the .99 strawberries were the hit of the day.  I just made crepes for dessert - used the recipe in my old Betty Crocker cookbook - and used whipped topping from Aldi also.  I "won" a sticker filled card for a free McCafe at McDonalds, and a $5 Best Buy card on Listia.  Then, I took a few broken pieces of jewelry to be repaired.  I "won" some Mikimoto pearls - necklace was broken - but there were 31 pearls and 1 on the clasp - just in eye balling the pearls - the jeweler stated they were worth about $200.  I am paying $38 to get them re-strung into a bracelet for my daughter.  My husband bought me ruby earrings ages ago - he said he didn't pay more then $100 - one earring needed repair - cost $20 - she estimated the earring by itself was worth $300.  My husband was shocked.  I found a few more items to put into the yardsale.

No comments: