Friday, June 27, 2008

6/27 Expressions

What have I been doing that's frugal today - baking. I want to use up pantry items before they go to waste and reduce my grocery bill. Today, I made/am making, a loaf of bread, a "loaf" of polenta, and a pineapple cheesecake. All of the recipes came from www.recipezaar.com and I had all of the ingredients on hand or substituted item with what I had on hand. Tomorrow, I will make a polena and turkey sausage casserole with the polenta loaf. I am going to buy the "minimum" this weekend and use more items in the pantry, fridge, freezer.

I have a small pumpkin that is growing - sure would be nice to have a home grown one in time for Halloween.

I printed out a coupon to get a free t-shirt from a store in the mall - and a 20% off coupon. The clothes seemed of decent quality and fairly inexpensive anyway. So, I hope we find a bargain or two to round out my daughter's wardrobe.

No comments: