Sunday, June 8, 2008

6/8 Expressions

Frugal happenings today: I did make it to Publix very early this a.m. I saved over $40 and spent $32 - but will be sending in for a $25 Home Depot Gift Card. We had a few unfrugal excursions today also. But, we hit the mall with a bunch of coupons and are pleased with our purchases. This afternoon, I made it to Dollar General Market and I purchased 3 bags of Chex snack mix for the trip for $1.50 after coupons. Then to Wal-mart. No hassle return of those 2 plants. Funny thing is, the customer service agent said they are ringing up for .02 now - so, she adjusted the plant price to what I purchased them for and I got just over $10 back. I found a few items to match with coupons. After I mail in my rebate, I will have spent just under $4.50 for a "value box of Goodlife dog snacks - 2 different kinds in the box", a South Beach pizza, and Cattlemen's BBQ Sauce. Then on to CVS. My CVS manager and cashier are great. I did 5 transactions, spent under $8 for 4 Oral-B toothbrushes ($6.99 ecbs for each pack - 2 per pack - "free"), Coppertone Sunblock ($2 ecbs), 2 bottles of Listerine Smart ($1 printable coupons - just do a search - lets you print 2 if you hit the "back" key and refresh) and $3.49 ecb - "free", Starbucks Dark Chocolate Candy bar ($1.50 coupon in the mail), box of 6 individual servings of Nescaffe instant coffee (.50 coupon), a bag of Stacy's Pita chips ($1 internet coupon), a bag of Chex Chocolate Turle Snacks ($1 coupon), Trident Gum (.75 coupon) and Bath Buddy Bar of soap - free with $1 coupon. And the other excitement of the day, I purchased 3 more packs of Pepsi during my Publix Shop. This afternoon, my husband loaded those points and was able to order a Music CD he wanted - for "free"!

No comments: