Monday, June 9, 2008

6/9 Expressions

Mail was great today. Two freebies that will help cut costs on our vacation. First is a coupon for a free box of Honey Bunches of Oats and the second is a sample of Purex laundry detergent. Since most of our stops will include eating facilities and free laundry facilities - we will make use of these freebies. Reading small ads in the newspaper helps sometimes. I think I found a cheaper place to get the carpeting done for our rental property. The rental agent will be calling for a fourth quote. She came up with two we found unacceptable and I found two I think will be reasonable. And I recycled some money: I went to mypoints and linked to Sears so that I can get 3 points per dollar - which will get me to a $10 Gift Card after the points are added to my current total. I asked my husband to order $100 worth of Dockers apparel for his birthday in two weeks. We printed out the rebate form for a $75 Shell Gas Card for purchasing $100 worth of Men's Dockers Apparel (some restrictions apply - so read the form - and we will be entered into a drawing for Prius - a nice bonus if we win :) and at check-out, we used our hotel points credit card.

No comments: