Saturday, July 17, 2010

7/17 Expressions

More frugal deeds for the week: You've heard it before - it pays to complain. Yesterday, I checked-up on my Target order for a new sofa sleeper and sleeper chair at Target for our rental condo. I ordered them months ago (like in at least 5 months ago) - I may have even bragged about the set - free shipping, just what I was looking for and at a great price. Over three months ago I kept getting messages about Target having to slip the date for delivery - the final message stating they would be delivered this past week. Of course at this point, since the condo rental business is made-up mostly by BP (I hope they reimburse me for lost rents soon) - I wasn't too overly concerned about the delivery. Anyway, I checked the status of the order yesterday - and lo and behold - the order did not show. I made a phone call - and after their sad spiel that the furniture was no loger available and the apologies - I asked if the Rep. could e-mail me a coupon for a 10% off coupon as I probably could have found a deal somewhere else by now. The Rep. said "just a moment" - and came back on line and said they'd credited my account with a $20 off my next order. So $20 for a 5 minute conversation is not bad. Was it enough for me to still like Target - we shall see. In other news, since a condo owner sued the rental management agency, there is a restraining order? against them from filing monthly rental claim losses for the rest of the owners with BP. So, now the owners must file themselves - can I pinch those people??? The rental management company is providing us the history and loss statements - but the owners need to come up with some other documents. So, that is what we will be doing this weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with BP! I understand they are taking care of people if they can provide the appropriate documents!

A Frugal Mom's Financial Expressions said...

The proper documents had already been submitted - now they have to be re-submitted by us. We realize it is not the fault of BP that one owner filed a lawsuit.