Thursday, July 22, 2010

7/22 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week: I found a foreclosed property last night and finally convinced my husband that we should make an offer - sure enough when I called this morning - it was already "under contract". I will keep my eyes opened. This week - it is mainly just me and the dog. So, we have both been eating out of the pantry. I got 3 small tomatoes out of my "garden" and some herbs. Having switched to a new work schedule - I am "off" tomorrow. My plan is to treat myself to lunch at Earth Fare - and take stuff in for the pantry challenge - and make a swap for the more healthy version. Also, I printed off a coupon - buy 1 lb of organic tomatoes and get free fresh mozzarella and a bunch of basil - sounds like a deal to me. I also plan to stop by the library and endulge in some light reading - magazines - and check-out the "best sellers" book shelves to see if I can find something interesting. In a few moments, I am going to attempt to order a $25 Target gift card for my daughter to add to her "birthday" stash. I am hoping I can get a few points through mypoints - not sure about giftcards - but I am hoping that $20 credit they gave me for the furniture fiasco will apply and it will cost me $5 out of pocket for it. Also, next month is my daughter's and my dad's birthday - so, I may also order a gift certificate on restaurant.com - the best I could find is a 70% off code - but, I guess that will do - plus I will get a few points through mypoints.

No comments: