Friday, July 2, 2010

7/2 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week: We paid an additional chunk toward the HELOC as in - I took some $ out of savings. I want that HELOC gone. It is sitting at 2.6% - but it can't stay there forever. I am thinking the HELOC will be gone in 3 months at the most. I know it is counter-intuitive - but I am looking at possibly buying property again. The stock market is giving me a headache - but, I have not sold anything, don't plan to. But, we haven't made any "individual" investments in a while. As for retirements - we are staying the course and have chosen not to look at the financial statements in the last couple of months. We are still working on decluttering. Received a few nice freebies and coupons for free items in the mail this week. Little day brighteners to counter-act some financial bad news. We did eat out twice today - perhaps in the spirit of not letting bad economic news make us retreat. On the frugal-side, I did use a coupon toward one meal and we brought home a doggy bag. We plan to grill out on the fourth - have a safe and happy independence day!

No comments: