Saturday, November 24, 2012

11/24 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week:  My daughter and I made a quick run to CVS to use a $4 off $20 coupon and the ecbs I had earned earlier in the week.  Black Friday - I did not leave the house; tried to order a freebie on-line - the site was slammed - and I gave-up.  I did sell an item on half.com.  Today, my daugher and I took some items to the consignment store and found articles of clothing that we will upcycle for her.  She and a group of friends did go to some Black Friday sales.  She ended up buying one pair of boots for $19.99.  I am glad she did not get caught up buying things just for the sake of a sale.  We still have leftovers - so, we bought minimal items are Kroger and Aldi to get us through the week. 

Added:  I did stop at Aldi to pick-up a few items to round out the leftovers.  There was a clearance bin and I got a .25 jar of all natural butternut squash pasta sauce and a .25 box of ingredients to make pumpkin whoopie pies.  And, in the spirit of not going overboard, although there was plenty - and a few other pumpkin themed items, I only purchased 1 of each in addition to the items I had on my list.

No comments: