Sunday, November 25, 2012

11/25 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Eventually we plan to sell the house we live in.  We have a lot of stuff.  For some reason, the older I get, the less stuff excites me.  So, I found 5 things and listed them on ebay.  I found something to list on listia also.  When my daughter and I went to the consignment store, we noticed they opened a "home good" section - so, the pictures that are prefectly good from the condo will be cleaned up and taken during the next appointment.  Also, we have used the vet at Petsmart a few times.  She is really good with the dog - albeit a bit busy - but a lot cheaper than our regular vet.  So, the regular vet sent a post with routine stuff that needs to get done.  We have never walked out of her office for under $150.  So, we will give Petsmart a whirl - and hopefully save a few bucks and get great service - at a more convenient location. 

Added:  Speaking of Petsmart, late in the afternoon, ABC Giftcards sent me an e-mail stating they were part of the American Express Small Business Saturday Deal.  I guess I cold have registered both of my Amex cards, but I only registered one, and purchased a Petsmart gift card that was discounted 15% - as close to the $25 as possible - I think I spent $32.XX - and hopefully, I will get a $25 statement credit.  Hows that for saving on pet expenses?

No comments: