Thursday, July 10, 2008

7/10 Expressions

Instant wins: This week, my husband and I both won a free movie ticket playing Subway's "Get Smart" game - more free entertainment.

Freebies: The only freebie I can recall from this week is Seattle's Best Vanilla Coffee ground sample - just brewed it - and it is wonderful. Oh, I gave blood today and was given a t-shirt.

Cheapies: At work a couple of weeks ago, we had a health fair. One of the booths was run by a local college for massage therapist. We could sign-up for a 15 minute theraputic message. I did and it was wonderful. They also gave me a coupon for $5 off a 1 hour massage. I asked how much an hour costs - $25. These theraputic massages are given by students in the program. So, I have an appointment for an hour's massage at $20 plus tip (wasn't suggested - but I am sure appreciated). That's my cheapies/frugal luxury for the week. A nice way to de-stress :)

Garden: After a bunch of blooms (still blooming) we have a pumpkin that's about 3nches in diameter. So there's hope for a home grown one yet. The other one we spotted, has bit the dust :( There's also a strawberry or two there.

Bargains: I went to Kroger today - they seem to have lots of "Manager Specials" - you have to keep your eyes peeled for them - but I found them in every section of the store. But anyway, I needed to fill the car with gas, and asked the cashier if I could use my giftcard - sure enough, you can. So, we may buy a giftcard or two before the end of the month. It is nice to earn points on our credit card to buy the giftcard, to get an additional 10%.

No comments: