Thursday, July 24, 2008

7/24/08 Expressions

Food: My food bargain of the day - we harvested our first zuchini from our garden.

Gifts: For a family member's birthday, we will take him out to lunch at a nice restaurant. The lunch menu is very affordable and they sent us a $20 gift certificate to join their e-mail club. The gift, Bluberry Jam and Onion/peppers relish from Harry & Davids - both are a favorite and I picked them up months ago at an outlet mall on sale with a coupon. I also saved a gold/tan box from the holidays from Harry & Davids and wrapped the jars in tissue paper and placed them in the box. There was a good deal posted on a blog a few weeks ago. Heavily discounted items from AT Cross and a free shipping code. I got a stylus/pen that was originally $30 for $8. This item came nicely boxed. So, I took 4 strands of gold "curling" ribbon - after holiday's sale at CVS - the roll of 3 colors for less than 30 cents - and tied the 2 boxes together and used the scissors to curl the strands. It looks very elegant. My daughter will make a card. Also at the AT Cross sale, I got my husband a new wallet. His is pretty ratty, and I was hoping it would arrive sooner for his birthday. So, he is getting it for a belated birthday present. But the wallet was originally $60 on sale for $15. It is nicely boxes, in its own fabric pouch, and the leather is as "soft as butter".

No comments: