Sunday, September 28, 2008

9/28 Expressions

Sunday's Bargains: Today, I shopped at CVS and came home with more in ecbs than I spent on my haul. I got 15 $1 packs of Nestle fun sized candy bars - because if you buy $15 worth, you get $5 in ecbs back. But my other reason was, it seems we get more and more "trick or treaters" each year, and I am thinking with the economic down turn, we'll probably get even more. So, now I have my candy. Of course, a few might get eaten between now and then. Possibly a few packs to a party, a couple for snacks. I had a $10 off $50 coupon from CVS, so, to get my additional purchases to equate to $50, I got my husband the Gillette Power shaver with a $4 coupon in today's insert, and it kicked out a $5 ecb. Then, the Glade Noticeables were on sale for $6.99 and I had 2 $5 off coupons. There's a deal on Total toothpaste - buy 2 for $5 and get $2 back in ecbs. I also had $2.50 worth of coupons to use on those 2 toothpastes so, .50 for 2 tubes of toothpaste. Then to round it out, Covergirl foundation is $5.79 and you get $5.79 back in ecbs. In today's paper there is a coupon for buy 1 get 1 free. My store also let me use a $1 off coupon on Covergirl products. Then I used my $7.99 ecbs from last week. Then on to Publix. I was only going to buy 4 Birdseye Pasta Viola's. They are normally $4.99, but are one sale for BOGO - but they ring up at $2.49 and $2.50. I had 4 $1 off coupons, 2 from previous Sundays' inserts and 2 printed off the internet. I had never tried them before, but we tried one for lunch, the beef lo mein is excellent. We also got shrimp scampi, garlic shrimp and another beef lo mein. So, lunch for 3 at $1.50 is not a bad deal. I made fruit smoothies with frozen bananas and left over yogurt and we are all satisfied. But the other deal is, if you send in 3 UPCs from the pasta with the form from the insert that was attached to the coupon (I am not sure if you need the receipt) - but I will be sending in proofs for a free Charlie Brown DVD - I think you have a choice of 4 titles. The 1 cent item was Publix brand peanut butter - either smooth or crunchy. But, I happen to look through a little booklet they had at the door, there was a coupon for $1 off 2 Aunt Jemima individual breakfasts and they were on sale for $1 each - so, at .50 each, I or someone in my family will be giving them a try. They also had a $1 off breakfast sandwiches coupon and those were on sale for $2.49 - each box contains 2 - so, someone will be trying those too.

No comments: