Saturday, October 18, 2008

10/19 Expressions

Frugal Deeds for the Day in Advance: My husband and I just went on a date to Barnes & Noble/Starbucks Coffee Shop for $1.52. I printed 2 coupons for a free Cappuchino and 1 coupon for a Cheesecake Factory dessert for 1/2 price on the internet. No problem at all and we had a nice time browsing the books and magazines. We also went to Walgreens to use the $5/$25 coupon that expires today. I mainly went for the free after rebate items and I plan to file for my return on-line and get 10% extra by asking for my refund on a giftcard. All 3 Free After Rebate items were available - about $18 worth, so my husband was able to get Planter's Cashews on sale BOGO to get us to the $25. Total after coupon, $22.XX. Rebate will be the $18.XX plus 10%. Then to Kroger to gas up the car - gas is down to $2.74 - better than last week. Then we stopped at Wendy's. They had Halloween Coupon books - 10 coupons for Frosty Jr. for $1 and no tax. So, I got 3 books. After I run out of fun sized candy bars I purchased from CVS earlier this month - that's what I will be handing out. Any extras? We will use them for treats since the coupon doesn't expire until 2/09. Oh, and I got two more $10 J C Penney gift cards for purchasing Kraft items a month or so ago (most of the item were free with coupons). Forgot to mention it was a bit brisk this morning. I had been thawing pumpkin puree from last year in the fridge. I finally mixed it up and (I was out of eggs - but substituted 1 tbsp of soy flour/1 tbsp of water for each egg) and made pumpkin muffins. I also substituted oat meal for the walnuts. With the pumpkin butter, they were delicious and warmed the house up just enough.

No comments: