Tuesday, October 28, 2008

10/28 Expressions

Frugal Deeds for the Day: We have too many T-shirts - most of them freebies. Although we do use them, we sure can't use them all. Today, I cut one up into pieces about the size of 2 wash clothes. They are in one of the freebie recyclable shopping bags - I am using them to clean. We have reached our saturation point for freebie t-shirts, we usually refuse them now. But to be honest, if one had the time, there are plenty of thing the t-shirts can be recycled into. I have seen braided rugs, people re-using them to make fashionable clothes, bags, quilts, and even underwear. So, now I need to get inspired. The other thing I am finding a lot of: travel sized and sample sized products. I am now making a conscious effort to get them used up. They sure are fun to receive in the mail, but what is the point - if they don't get used?

No comments: