Saturday, October 25, 2008

10/25 Expressions

Frugal Deeds for the Day: In today's mail, I received a pouch of mashed potatoes from Betty Crocker and a .40/1 coupon, a coupon from Bath & Body Works for a free room spray with any purchase (you know you can buy $1 gift bags right?), the DVD I got for "free" with 3 UPCs from Pasta Viola (remember the Publix BOGO sale plus coupons not too long ago?) - which I have promptly listed on half.com, and a free issue of "Traditional Home" magazine. Another thing I learned today: I took my daughter to Sally's Beauty Supplies for her favorite product. They always ask if I have a "Sally's card" - and I always say no - and that's the end of it - because I was always under the impression that you had to be a beautician to get one. This time, I asked - "do I have to be a beautician to get one?" Turns out there are two different cards. One for non-beauticians like me. The cost of the card is $5 - saves you 10-30% on items purchased and costs $5 - but, you get a $5 coupon at the bottom of your receipt that is good off anything the following month - so, now when they ask me if I have a "Sally's card" - I will be saying "yes". We saved more than 10% on the products bought today - almost like a BOGO - we used a store coupon too.

No comments: