Thursday, October 23, 2008

10/23 Expressions

Frugal Deeds for the Day: Well the season for office parties has started. Our office is having one next week and we were each asked to bring a contribution. I want to bring something good - but not overly expensive. I found a recipe Coffee Punch - who doesn't like Starbucks (okay perhaps not their prices) - and I have an antique punch bowl. I am thinking that will be my contribution because I have most of the ingredients - instant coffee, milk. I will purchase ice cream/cream this weekend. The other frugal deed for the week. My husband was traveling for business this week. Gone are the days when there's extra shampoo, etc. since these days - we really don't take "liquids" in carry-on luggage. But, they usually have shower caps - which he doesn't use :) I asked him to bring them home. I am going to use them for "lids" for things that need to be refrigerated. Oh, and I called my HELOC holder - my rate drops to 3.XX% for next month. I realize the rate will eventually have to go up - but that just means more that I can contribute toward the principle.

No comments: