Saturday, March 20, 2010

3/20 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day: For breakfast, we had fruit smoothies from frozen fruit in the freezer - bananas and melon that we could not eat before they turned "bad". Finally made a trip to the grocery store - used a few coupons and now have 2 lasagnas in the oven - one for this week and one for the freezer. I also have a blueberry/coconut scone in the oven - recipe adapted from recipezaar. Tonight, we will eat out with a restaurant.com gift certificate we got with an 80% off code. We will also stop for another free ice cream cone. Tomorrow, we will stop by Red Robin for lunch to use my freebie lunch certificate. I cut some daffodils and a few fern "leaves" and made an arrangement. When I watered the plants - I noticed the amaryllis I've had for about 6 years put out a bloom that I hope will blossom in the next few days. This year, for the front yard planters - instead of buying plants - I just planted some bulbs and flower seeds that I purchased from the Dollar Tree last week. I check-out my mypoints account and more points finally cleared and I ordered another $25 Gift Card. Gift cards are great for last minute gifts and also to use :) I had several freebie magazines in the mail - Allure had a $5 off $10 coupon for Ulta - so will probably use that too. A rant: in the mail, Wendys/Arbys sent me a .12 check - we own a share or two Wendys which I believe merged with Arbys and while I will deposit the .12 check - I think it is a bad business practice to mail a check for that amount. I guess I will check to see if they have a DRIP - I'd rather reinvest the change than have them waste resources mailing the check. The weather is so beautiful today. Everybody helped around the house/yard today - life is good :)

No comments: