Sunday, March 21, 2010

3/21 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day: It started with the Sunday paper - a $5/$30 coupon for Publix. Yes, I did most of my grocery shopping yesterday. But, I decided to check Publix's BOGO sale - and there were quite a few printables I could use and some to match with Publix coupons. I noticed Cozy Shack products on BOGO - no coupons - but I found at form on their site - buy 2 specially marked products and get a Leslie Sansone Walking Fitness DVD. So, I "saved" $44.XX and spent $6.60 ($2.XX was tax). My husband and daughter went to Walgreens to pick up a reserved Redbox - and I asked them to purchase the Olay lotion/bath lotion deal - so I could do another refund. Sadly they were out - but my husband got a rain check - I am proud of him. I really used to love sending for rebates/refunds/bounce back merchandise - but have either been too lazy or buzy to pay attention. So, I am going to try to make an effort. I also made another big batch of hummus and am making split pea soup to help round out lunches/snacks this week. I have taken a vacation day off tomorrow since it is my birthday - but sadly, I will be at the dentist's office first thing in the morning getting a tooth prepped for a crown (yes, I am grateful to have dental insurance and a HSA to help ease the financial damage of a crown). Since the dentist is practically across the street from Aldi - I will stop in afterward to see if they have any specials on produce.

No comments: