Sunday, March 28, 2010

3/28 Expressions

More frugal deeds for the week: Our sofa sleeper in the beach condo is starting to look a bit shabby (not chic). So, I have been keeping my eyes open for a deal. Normally, I have been partial to overstock because I can usually get delivery free. I've looked for months - and the only one I was interested in was "sold out" and has been this entire time. Well, I checked our Target this weekend - and I found a sofa sleeper (queen) and matching oversized chair (twin sleeper) on sale, free shipping and I had a code for an additional 10% off, went through mypoints, used my cash back credit card and now I will have them delivered for about the price of the sofa only at Overstock. Plus, I will be getting another giftcard next month for a potential gift or just to reduce household expense. The "old" set will get donated to Habitat for Humanity. I also cooked extra salmon pot pie and blueberry/coconut scones for meals this week. I have packed my breakfast/lunch/snacks to take to work tomorrow and will shortly give myself a manicure. Used a few samples up this week - anti-wrinkle face cream and foot cream - both very nice. My daughter and I have started exercising to dvds we have at home. But next month, I plan to buy a monthly pass to the city's exercise partnership - $30 to attend as many of the offered classes. Monday through Saturday they have classes in Zumba, Kickboxing, Yoga, and Pilates. The pass must be purchases monthly - or you can pay $5 per class. So, it is a great way to check the classes out and hopefully motivate me to do better in the exercise department.

No comments: