Saturday, March 6, 2010

3/6 Expressions

Money Magnet Weekend: Yesterday, in the mail, I received the $100 rewards check for using the new Chase card once; a survey check, 10 .44 postage stamps for being a mail decoy, the Purex 3-n-1 sample, and feminine product sample. I also "got in" on the coupon for a free bag of Sun Chips and Nescafe samples. With this economy, it seems more people are interested in freebies as it used to be pretty easy to be one of the first "X" or "while supplies last" - but lately, I have been too late and the supplies have been depleted. My daughter is at another out of town math tournament, so, my husband and I are going on another "cheap" date. Use the other 1/2 priced $25 gift certificate to the chic local restaurant for lunch, watch a $1 movie at the "new" one dollar theatre, stop at Starbucks with two empty bags for 2 free cups of coffee, stop at Staples and use the rewards bucks (from cartridge recycling) before the check expires, use my $10 birthday card from Victoria's Secret, use my free scoop coupon from Maggie Moo's, use my $5 coupon from Sally's for a new teaser comb, and do a bit of grocery shopping with a handful of coupons and redeem the freebies on my customer card at Kroger. Oh, and stop at the bank and deposit the checks.

No comments: