Thursday, December 30, 2010

12/30 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week:  This week I have cleaned up my financial house:  rebalanced retirement portfolios to be much more conservative - although we have "recovered" - I have discovered that I am not the happy risk taker I thought I was.  Secondly, the HELOC was paid off today - we will start the year debt-free.  Minor financial hiccup - the rental agent that manages two of our properties said both tenants gave notice to move out at the end of next month.  She called today - apparently, the one couple had a friend interested in moving in - so, it sounds like we will have a replacement tenant immediately.  Sounds like both couples are buying.  Now I need to clean the "physical" house.  I have made a dent - but have a ways to go.  It is amazing to me how much junk can hide in closets, drawers and cupboards.  I am just tackling one room at a time.  They didn't junk-up in a day, and I certainly won't be able to de-junk in a day.  Good thing I have a few helpers, albeit reluctant ones.  A dirty job - but someone has to do it . . .

No comments: