Saturday, March 16, 2013

3/16 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the week:  This is my birthday month - and I signed up for a number of birthday rewards - of which I have been enjoying.  This week, I received 2 deli gift coupons of $5 off - so, one I used for a nice lunch and paid $2.XX after coupon.  The other, I used today for a sandwich/pickle/chips and paid .55 out of pocket.  A bagel place sent me a coupon for a free bagel and cream cheese - with the purchase of a drink - I got coffee.  Sephora sent me an e-mail letting me know I could pick my birthday present up from the cash register - I did - a free mascara and highlighter - both went to my daughter.  Swagbucks sent me 50 points - Arby's a free shake with any purchase off the menu (except value item) - which I have used yet.  Today, I cooked up a storm to use up stuff in the pantry/fridge/freezer - and also so that we have easy to prepare food items to decrease the temptation to eat out.  I boiled eggs, made lasagna, potato salad, Asian fried cabbage/onions/carrots/tuna, brown rice - made enough to freeze a sandwich bag full for fried rice later on, banana muffins, and oatmeal raisin cookies - oh and potato croquettes.  Just printed a recipe for oven baked pepper poppers - to use up my sweet peppers  but that will be for tomorrow.  While running errands today, I used a 40% off coupon at Michaels and a giftcard to buy quilt batting for the quilt I am making for my dad.  So, part of tomorrow will be used to work on the quilt.  In the mail, I got my lunch bag from Lean Cuisine - and it is gorgeous.

No comments: