Sunday, March 31, 2013

3/31 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Time sure has flown by.  We just returned from our "Spring break" - college check-out trip.  We ended up buying airfare for under $200 round-trip for each of us.  We booked too late to use frequent flyer miles - not very frugal - but the fares were tolerable   We used hotel points - so no hotel expenses.  I have to say, the best amenities were from the particular Homewood Suites we stayed at - WOW - delicious and plentiful selection Breakfast and Dinner.  At check-in - fresh baked sugar cookies.  Laundry room in the facility - although not free, made it so we could wear our comfy clothes another day :)   Great view Hyatt - although the toiletries were nice - no breakfast - much less dinner.  And - parking was horrible - I am thinking $37 per day.  Shuttle to the airport was free - so, we returned our rental car 2 days early :)  So, no parking, and saved a bit on rental.  Can't say we saved the whole amount because we used some $ for public transport.  While traveling - I stopped at a Starbucks - and got a survey at the end of my receipt - reward was a free tall drink.  Stopped at a Dunkin Donuts - and a survey printed at the end my receipt - reward was a free donut with the purchase of a medium or large drink.  My husband is almost finished with our taxes - sadly, I owe on Federal taxes and he gets a refund - since he lives in a different state - we filed married/but separate.  However, net is we "owed" :(  Flooring project on the second floor is almost done.  I got a small rebate check last week.  These last couple of months have made saving really difficult.  I am hoping April will let us turn over a new leaf :)  Added:  I redeemed points from a credit to order a $10 CVS gift card.  I also redeemed most of the very few Delta Airlines Miles that I had left for 2 magazine subscriptions.

No comments: