Friday, May 16, 2008

More 5/16 Expressions

About the only excitement in the mail was a magazine from Kraft Foods. The recipes always sound wonderful - but his month's magazine had a coupon for a free salad dressing and there were other cents off coupons in there too. I baked several batches of chocolate chip cookies - using a .99 bag of chips from Aldi. I also wanted to mention that avacados were .33 each - not the ultra small one's either. Also, last night, I was reading a good deals site and a code for $20 off plants was posted. I ordered a dwarf lemon tree for shipping only - just under $8. Hope it comes. Anyway, I spotted in the paper that county is sponsoring a fishing derby for those under 18 years of age. They always give out nice prizes (whether you catch anything or not). So, I plan to pack some cookies and drinks for the fishing party tomorrow morning. The afternoon will be spent at the free ball game. I am in the second month of daily papers at the "Sundays only" price. I have to say, there's lots of information about cheap/free entertainment and even coupons that are printed during the week. I just may be hooked. The other day I saw an opportunity to e-mail in for free tickets to a preview of the latest Narnia movie. All that was required - was to write a short review of the movie. Of course - the preview was on a school night - and started close to midnight. But, if you keep your eyes peeled, there are opportunities for free entertainment. I event noted that the Botanical Gardens where we have a membership is sponsoring a picnic (bring your own or buy there) with fun activities tomorrow - free to members. I don't even remember them sending a flyer - or did I toss it. But just a few examples of entaining the family for "cheap".

No comments: