Monday, November 10, 2008

11/10 Expressions

Today, I looked at vacation homes and prices have really dropped. It would be nice to be able to buy that could accomodate the family and perhaps a few friends. So, on a whim, I called my friendly Credit Union. Nope, they do not take applications for mortgages for vacation property/second homes. So, then I called my local/national bank - yes, if you have a good credit rating. The interest rate listed on the site was 6% for 30 years fixed and 5.75% for 15 years fixed. I asked if there would be a rate difference for vacation homes - they said slightly. Also, I wanted to know closing costs. So, I am still awaiting an e-mail. Tonight, my husband wanted to make a trip to Taco Bell for a quick dinner. But, we had all of the ingredients to make it ourselves. We did - and I seriously don't think he could have driven to and from the place any quicker - and definitely not any cheaper. I believe the home version is probably a bit healthier too.

No comments: