Sunday, November 2, 2008

11/2 Expressions

Today, I have been baking up a storm. I baked 4 chess-pies, 1 batch of peanut butter cookies, 1 batch of oatmeal raisin cookies, 1 batch of biscuits, and while this stuff was baking, I had a turkey loaf - you know the one, with gravy, baking. I froze 2 of the pies, most of the cookies, and some of the biscuits. We had biscuits and gravy for breakfast this morning. Now we have sweet treats for the rest of the week and for the holidays too. Also, since it was a bit chilly today, the baking helped heat the house. I matched up coupons and shopped Kroger, CVS, and Publix. My best deal was Publix. For $4.04, I got 2 of those new Ore-Ida Steam and eat mashed sweet potatoes, 2 packages of Pet Ritz pie crust (4 total - now chess-pies), 1 package of Green Giant Steam and eat peas, and the mystery item today was a tub of quick cook oat meal - some are in the cookies. I did a bit more gift shopping yesterday on the 'net. I went through mypoints, and went to Overstock. I had a 10% off code (internet search) and found the gift I was looking for. I also went ahead and signed up for "O" Holiday Club - because, you get free shipping, an additional 5% off and $30 rebate in January if you spend $300 between now and the end of December. Of course I used my Chase Card because I am so close to being able to cash in for a $250 check.

No comments: