Friday, September 17, 2010

9/17 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I am "off" today - so, I drove my daughter to school for a club activity - and then "cherry picked" on my way home.  I stopped at Wal-mart and got my free Dr. Pepper from Murphy's - boy, gas prices have climbed a bit.  I picked up a few things that I had coupons for.  Also stopped at Kroger and Publix.  Between the three, I have all of the groceries for next week, special request toothpaste, and a few other toiletries for under $50.  Even got a redbox for free.  Other not-so-great financial matters, still waiting for Ken Feinberg to pay our condo claim; IRS found an error in our 2009 taxes - software error??? - anyway, I sent the amount in to stop any interest from accruing, protested the penalty, and am gathering the paper work to back-up our claim; and a couple in one of our rentals is divorcing and will be moving out next month, since neither, on their own salary can afford the rent - so, the rental agent is looking for new tenants.  I am researching traveling to Paris either for spring break or in the summer - at the lowest cost to us.  I believe I can get our airfare for whatever they charge to redeem mileage; we should have enough hotel points to cover that; so, mainly lining up activities.  My husband and I went years ago - before our daughter was born.  So, it will be interesting to see if much has changed.

No comments: